Friday, September 26, 2008

Lesson 16 -- Find out about PBWikis & add your Blog URL to the CML Wiki list of CML blogs:

Okay, I just spent an hour & 5 minutes learning about PBWikis, watched the video, visited the sites, the whole bit (took me 20 minutes just to do that), then went to the CML Wiki, created an account, went back to my e-mail account to confirm, back to the Wiki, wasn't given access to Edit, went around the mouse maze several times, without success -- wikis are marvelous, Wikipedia is great, etc., etc. -- but this is an exercise in frustration!
Following is a copy of my e-mail confirmation & reply, just so you know that I did the work:


"I've done everything I'm supposed to do & I'm still blocked from editing on the CML Favorite Blog site. I have work to do. This is not a happy experience."

--- On Fri, 9/26/08, PBwiki Registration wrote:
From: PBwiki Registration
Subject: Email verification message from PBwiki
To: entercyberworld@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, September 26, 2008, 6:28 PM

Hi,

We received your request to add 'entercyberworld@yahoo.com' to your PBwiki account. To confirm, please click this link:
https://my.pbwiki.com/verify.php?email=entercyberworld%40yahoo.com&id=5bb86a2c6f61dc004f3b7a69939021b2dc47ed3f&key=8c7&redirect=http%253A%252F%252Flearnandplaycml.pbwiki.com%252Fsession%252Fjoin%253Fp%253DFrontPage

Thanks,

Your PBwiki Team
_________________________________________________________________

Several hours later -- YES!!! -- finally received access to editing the CMLwiki & added my blog URL. That was a struggle, but I made it -- a certain sense of accomplishment there. Also, within 3 minutes of sending the above e-mail to PBwiki I received a reply apologizing for the inconvenience & telling me they were on it, & apparently they were. Now I'm off to my Yahoo Account to e-mail them a thank you.
_________________________________________________
October 16 -- I just edited my first wiki! Added to the Favorite Books page w/ comments re. some of the works by one of my favorite authors, P.K.Dick. Fun, & gave me a chance to read some of the staff favorites, e.g., The Time Traveler's Wife sounds interesting. This could make for a cool library site, also a staff site.
__________________________________________________

No comments: