Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Follow-up to Lesson 8 re. Bloglines & RSS feeds:

Greetings.
Finally was able to get into my Bloglines Account -- had a backlog of about 2,ooo RSS feeds on libraries; don't think I'm going to read all those! Did notice an interesting message re. digitalizing Medieval manuscripts -- that's cool, not all of us can make the trip to Oxford right now (though it might be worth it for the pubs -- you can take your dog into the pub! -- as long as he or she is well behaved, that is -- a reasonable request, don't you think?) Here's the link:

http://www.librarystuff.net/2008/09/22/library-to-digitise-middle-english-manuscripts/ -- oops, that's supposed to be an URL (?) -- guess I don't know how to do that yet; I'll learn. Later.
....Just right-clicked said web address & discovered that gives you the option to "find this web address" -- they think of everything. So there is a way around this, @ least until I progress to the next level, which seems always to be moving faster than I am -- a manifestation of living in an Expanding Universe, no doubt. "...& you will never get to the end of it." I like that.

2 minutes later: Just viewed my Blog & discovered that right-clicking within posted Blog doesn't give the same list of options. I'll ask someone @ work -- Desi'll know; I'll see her tomorrow.

A note about RSS feeds: I've heard about these for years but never got around to exploring them. I can definitely see the value of casting out an electronic net, so to speak, & just dragging in all info. to sift through. Valuable & overwhelming -- clearly I have a lot to learn. I can see that this could be used in library services in a multitude of ways.

No comments: