Wednesday, October 22, 2008


Lesson #21 -- Podcasts:

This is a whole new realm for me, but really interesting. Just a brief note for starters -- have wanted to catch up on back episodes of Smallville & now I know how! Cool! Here's the link
http://www.fancast.com/full_episodes -- more later.

Featured here is a photo of my favorite Smallville character, Chloe, facing yet another adventure in the episode, "Sleeper".


Later: Podcasting is new for me, but it appears to offer incredible resources for library service, both in terms of what we could offer customers on Discovery Place & the way we could communicate w/ other staff members -- I see possibilities for sharing
training videos, podcasts on library events, also on technology, science, & current events as well as podcasts of conferences, meetings & lectures (e.g., presentations given by CO-ASIST & OCLC & others).

Later, again (still catching up): Just added the podcast site, Fancast RSS to my Bloglines Account (also added Dilbert, N.Y.Times Book Review, & Abstract Art while I was @ it). That was interesting -- not only did I learn how to do that, but up until now I hadn't even thought of doing it. So I learned 2 new things.

No comments: