Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lesson #18: Exploring Web-based Tools:

This was interesting. I'd already been thinking how cool it would be to have an online desktop & so that was the online tool I explored. The most interesting was G.ho.st (http://www.g.ho.st/home/Screenshots.jsp?language=en); might be something to look into. The thing I liked about it the most (& why I had already been thinking about the need for such a service) was that it would, or @ least could, be a portal for all the other online tools, accessed from one spot instead of having to continually either go to a browser or to some access point like del.icio.us.

I also checked out the Visual Art Tools but the ones listed seemed more focused on converting data to Images, a worthy endeavor, but not what I'm really looking for. A free online Freehand is probably too much to hope for -- well, maybe, someday.

P.S. Oct. 18, 08 -- just found an interesting article hyperlinked through Wikipedia article on G.ho.st: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/29/technology/29compute.html?_r=1&ref=business&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

No comments: